In business and in life, you only have one chance to make a first impression - you need to make it count. Whether you’re interviewing for a new job, meeting someone important for the first time or simply trying to engage potential customers to purchase your products or services, a quality first impression is critical.
Photo by Matthew T. Rader
When you’ve hit a mental roadblock trying to decide on a name for your business, one option is to use a business name generator. We often get the question, “should I use a name generator for my business?” In theory, name generators are online tools designed to provide a variety of different names for your business. Unfortunately, and in most cases, even the most sophisticated fee based business name generators are like slot machines, randomly spitting out nonsensical and ordinary names based on a few random keywords.
Image by Matthew T. Rader
Choosing a memorable name to represent your brand is one of the most important decisions you’ll make as a business owner. Your name is what differentiates you from your competitors and is what introduces you as something fresh, new and exciting. It is how you will be remembered and how people will find you when they’re looking for your products or services. Does your business name have to be great? You bet it does. The right name can elevate your business, clearing the way for growth and success while the wrong name can create roadblocks that may even lead to failure. Here’s how to come up with a killer business name that you can turn into a high profile brand in five steps.
There are few things in business as important as a name. After all, your unique name is the first thing people see about you and the last thing they think about before they decide to buy or walk away. What does your business name say about you? You’d be surprised at what you’re saying- or what you’re not saying to your customer base. More than an identifying feature, a brandable business name is an important part of overall strategy and can play a significant role in impacting your bottom line. Here are a few things to consider about your business name and what it says about you.
Brandroot Latest Posts
Brandroot focuses only on content related to business naming. Before selecting the name of your venture it is important that you have a solid grasp of what you're in for.
- The First Amendment and Social Media: Are You Protected?Written on Monday, 11 September 2017 17:00
- The Oldest Logos in The World, Have you heard of them?Written on Monday, 24 July 2017 18:07
- What's In a Business Name? Would A Rose by Any Other Name Really Smell As Sweet?Written on Thursday, 13 July 2017 14:43
- Small Business Finance Mistakes to AvoidWritten on Wednesday, 05 July 2017 14:10
- Starbucks: A Lesson in What NOT to DoWritten on Tuesday, 27 June 2017 14:48
- Identifying Your Target Market and How to Make That Information Work For YouWritten on Friday, 26 May 2017 15:02
- How Best to Market Your Business on FacebookWritten on Monday, 22 May 2017 15:19
- Trump’s Tax Plan for Small Businesses – What’s in It for Me?Written on Friday, 12 May 2017 16:54