Image by Matthew T. Rader
Choosing a memorable name to represent your brand is one of the most important decisions you’ll make as a business owner. Your name is what differentiates you from your competitors and is what introduces you as something fresh, new and exciting. It is how you will be remembered and how people will find you when they’re looking for your products or services. Does your business name have to be great? You bet it does. The right name can elevate your business, clearing the way for growth and success while the wrong name can create roadblocks that may even lead to failure. Here’s how to come up with a killer business name that you can turn into a high profile brand in five steps.
There are few things in business as important as a name. After all, your unique name is the first thing people see about you and the last thing they think about before they decide to buy or walk away. What does your business name say about you? You’d be surprised at what you’re saying- or what you’re not saying to your customer base. More than an identifying feature, a brandable business name is an important part of overall strategy and can play a significant role in impacting your bottom line. Here are a few things to consider about your business name and what it says about you.
What’s in a name? For business, just about everything. Whether you’re just starting out or you’ve been providing quality goods and services for years, your company name speaks volumes about not only who you are, but how you operate. It’s typically the only chance you have to make a first impression and an opportunity to connect with or alienate potential customers. How can a brandable name help grow your business? Here are three compelling ways.
Photo by Eva
Let’s say you just finished developing a fabulous business idea. Now you have a great product line, an online retail store with a top-notch design and plenty of investors to back you. What could possibly prevent you from bringing in the cash? As important as it is to have the proper bankroll, great design, and a product line that consumers would jump through fire to get their hands on, it is equally important to establish the right business name.
Brandroot Latest Posts
Brandroot focuses only on content related to business naming. Before selecting the name of your venture it is important that you have a solid grasp of what you're in for.
- What's In a Business Name? Would A Rose by Any Other Name Really Smell As Sweet?Written on Thursday, 13 July 2017 14:43
- Small Business Finance Mistakes to AvoidWritten on Wednesday, 05 July 2017 14:10
- Starbucks: A Lesson in What NOT to DoWritten on Tuesday, 27 June 2017 14:48
- Identifying Your Target Market and How to Make That Information Work For YouWritten on Friday, 26 May 2017 15:02
- How Best to Market Your Business on FacebookWritten on Monday, 22 May 2017 15:19
- Trump’s Tax Plan for Small Businesses – What’s in It for Me?Written on Friday, 12 May 2017 16:54
- 7 Famous Brands That Successfully Changed Their NamesWritten on Monday, 06 March 2017 13:30
- Forget the Radio Test, Forge a Better Business NameWritten on Wednesday, 01 March 2017 10:55