Like most entrepreneurs, your business is your livelihood and when you make significant changes, you need to know they are the right changes. When it comes to something as important as your name, how do you know if yours is making the grade? More importantly, how do you know if it's time to rethink your strategy with a new, more improved version? If you are unsure about whether or not changing your business name is a good idea, here are some things to consider that may help you make an informed and sensible decision.
Your business name does more than identify your company, it tells people who you are, what you’re about and how you do it. When done right, the name of your business can peak curiosity and incite interest before anyone even reads about your products or services. So what is the secret to choosing a name that is top notch? The power lies in being unique. Here is how a distinctive business name can position you ahead of your competition.
A great business name is sticky and flexible. Whether you hear it in a crowded room or say it yourself, it resonates and remains. So what are the naming strategies behind some of the greatest companies of all time? Apple was able to make people believe that the high-tech world of personal computing was friendly and inviting by choosing a common, every day name. Samsonite created an image of strength and durability that only Samson himself could uphold. BlackBerry used our sense of touch by associating the phone and its small keyboard buttons to the drupelets that form the blackberry fruit.
The goal of any great business name is to create a connection with an audience that impels them to think of your business in a positive, meaningful way. Sounds simple right? A great name is constructed so that it’s easy to recall when it’s time to purchase goods and services. After all, if your business name is hard to remember or simply boring, no one will think of you when it’s time to buy. With that in mind, here are a few techniques to consider when choosing a name that will help you create the perfect combination of emotion, visual interest and most importantly, recall.
Brandroot Latest Posts
Brandroot focuses only on content related to business naming. Before selecting the name of your venture it is important that you have a solid grasp of what you're in for.
- Naming Trends and New Emerging Businesses in 2017Written on Thursday, 09 November 2017 11:11
- How to Launch Your Brand SuccessfullyWritten on Wednesday, 25 October 2017 16:00
- Ways to Amplify Your Brand MessageWritten on Wednesday, 04 October 2017 16:42
- The First Amendment and Social Media: Are You Protected?Written on Monday, 11 September 2017 17:00
- The Oldest Logos in The World, Have you heard of them?Written on Monday, 24 July 2017 18:07
- What's In a Business Name? Would A Rose by Any Other Name Really Smell As Sweet?Written on Thursday, 13 July 2017 14:43
- Small Business Finance Mistakes to AvoidWritten on Wednesday, 05 July 2017 14:10
- Starbucks: A Lesson in What NOT to DoWritten on Tuesday, 27 June 2017 14:48