Your business name does more than identify your company, it tells people who you are, what you’re about and how you do it. When done right, the name of your business can peak curiosity and incite interest before anyone even reads about your products or services. So what is the secret to choosing a name that is top notch? The power lies in being unique. Here is how a distinctive business name can position you ahead of your competition.
A great business name is sticky and flexible. Whether you hear it in a crowded room or say it yourself, it resonates and remains. So what are the naming strategies behind some of the greatest companies of all time? Apple was able to make people believe that the high-tech world of personal computing was friendly and inviting by choosing a common, every day name. Samsonite created an image of strength and durability that only Samson himself could uphold. BlackBerry used our sense of touch by associating the phone and its small keyboard buttons to the drupelets that form the blackberry fruit.
The goal of any great business name is to create a connection with an audience that impels them to think of your business in a positive, meaningful way. Sounds simple right? A great name is constructed so that it’s easy to recall when it’s time to purchase goods and services. After all, if your business name is hard to remember or simply boring, no one will think of you when it’s time to buy. With that in mind, here are a few techniques to consider when choosing a name that will help you create the perfect combination of emotion, visual interest and most importantly, recall.
The goal of every new business is profitability. And while exceptional products and stellar services will start you on the right path, it takes an engaged, reliable customer base to succeed. With literally thousands of new businesses emerging every day, competition is fierce. Smart entrepreneurs recognize that they need immediate competitive advantage if they want to succeed. For grabbing those customers, making the right introduction to your business is critical and a great name is an invaluable asset.
Brandroot Latest Posts
Brandroot focuses only on content related to business naming. Before selecting the name of your venture it is important that you have a solid grasp of what you're in for.
- What's In a Business Name? Would A Rose by Any Other Name Really Smell As Sweet?Written on Thursday, 13 July 2017 14:43
- Small Business Finance Mistakes to AvoidWritten on Wednesday, 05 July 2017 14:10
- Starbucks: A Lesson in What NOT to DoWritten on Tuesday, 27 June 2017 14:48
- Identifying Your Target Market and How to Make That Information Work For YouWritten on Friday, 26 May 2017 15:02
- How Best to Market Your Business on FacebookWritten on Monday, 22 May 2017 15:19
- Trump’s Tax Plan for Small Businesses – What’s in It for Me?Written on Friday, 12 May 2017 16:54
- 7 Famous Brands That Successfully Changed Their NamesWritten on Monday, 06 March 2017 13:30
- Forget the Radio Test, Forge a Better Business NameWritten on Wednesday, 01 March 2017 10:55