A company’s name is often a very undervalued component. It should be, however, one of the most important. In fact, it’s far more than just a component; it is the foundation on which an entire business stands. This is especially true for Internet startups. With a bad name, a startup loses points on scales for credibility, legitimacy, influence, and even confidence. Understanding exactly what a business name is, how it functions, and the consequences of choosing a bad one will quickly set your business apart as a one that is accomplished and trusted.
The Google search world is changing rapidly. What was good SEO practice even a year ago has been replaced by new rules and guidelines. In order to stay relevant and successful, businesses must stay abreast of these changes and adjust their strategies accordingly. There is more to a domain name than meets the eye and Google has realized this.
If I asked you what the companies RadioShack and Kayak have in common, apart from their pleasant rhyme, what would you say? You likely would struggle to come up with a common attribute between an electronics company and a travel website. The biggest difference has nothing to do with their products; it involves their name. One company chose a name that although appropriate at the time, has now shackled them to an obsolete concept. The other company chose a timeless name that will allow them to grow and transform when required, a name that will continue to keep them at the top of their industry.
Starting a business can be a long and tedious process. Even when business models are completed and business plans filed, there is still much more to be done. One of the most important decisions for any new company is coming up with a name. Although some may see this task as something to be thrown it at the end, its vital importance is something that cannot be understated. A catchy and unique name is a company’s best way to create brand recognition. It is that brand recognition that will take a startup into the annals of success.
Brandroot Latest Posts
Brandroot focuses only on content related to business naming. Before selecting the name of your venture it is important that you have a solid grasp of what you're in for.
- Sweet Sound of Success: Scientific Methods to Selecting a Made-Up Brand NameWritten on Monday, 19 March 2018 16:21
- 5 Steps to Build Your Brand Identity OnlineWritten on Friday, 16 March 2018 14:33
- The Business Name Change Craze Surrounding CryptocurrenciesWritten on Monday, 29 January 2018 16:56
- Naming Trends and New Emerging Businesses in 2017Written on Thursday, 09 November 2017 11:11
- How to Launch Your Brand SuccessfullyWritten on Wednesday, 25 October 2017 16:00
- Ways to Amplify Your Brand MessageWritten on Wednesday, 04 October 2017 16:42
- The First Amendment and Social Media: Are You Protected?Written on Monday, 11 September 2017 17:00
- The Oldest Logos in The World, Have you heard of them?Written on Monday, 24 July 2017 18:07