Not everybody has the ability to grow a beard, and for those who CAN grow a beard, only a few of them actually let it grow to its beautiful potential. Furthermore, for those who DO let their beard grow out, not all of them maintain and provide it with the care it needs to look its best. It’s like growing a brand!
The most successful companies in history are the ones that were able to create strong brand identities with their names. There aren’t many people that don’t immediately recognize names like Nike, Starbucks, or Google. Choosing a name is one of the most important decisions a business will make. Often, a creative and unique name is the difference between the development of strong customer connections and a lifetime of obscurity. It may feel like names like Xerox and Pepsi have always been a part of society, but where exactly did those names come from?
So you have a great new business idea. The big question is, “where do I begin?”
Your big idea gets its first breath of life when you give it a name. The name of your business is like the title of a book. It is the first thing your audience will hear or see before they attempt to learn more about what you offer.
In 2013, the ice cream powerhouse Haagen-Dazs released a commercial entitled “Even the Name Tastes Good.” The premise behind the short commercial was simple, as a series of actors slowly and seductively mouthed the name of the company’s new Limoncello Galato product.
During the commercial, only the actors mouths were visible, which left the onus of the marketing strategy squarely on the pronunciation of the product name: “Li-mon-chello.” On paper, “Limoncello” is a nondescript name that simply gives the Haagen-Dazs product its identity. When said aloud, however, the name takes on an entirely new connotation, one that is immediately transferred to the product. The sensuality of the name produces an emotional appeal that gives the product a life of its own.
Brandroot Latest Posts
Brandroot focuses only on content related to business naming. Before selecting the name of your venture it is important that you have a solid grasp of what you're in for.
- Sweet Sound of Success: Scientific Methods to Selecting a Made-Up Brand NameWritten on Monday, 19 March 2018 16:21
- 5 Steps to Build Your Brand Identity OnlineWritten on Friday, 16 March 2018 14:33
- The Business Name Change Craze Surrounding CryptocurrenciesWritten on Monday, 29 January 2018 16:56
- Naming Trends and New Emerging Businesses in 2017Written on Thursday, 09 November 2017 11:11
- How to Launch Your Brand SuccessfullyWritten on Wednesday, 25 October 2017 16:00
- Ways to Amplify Your Brand MessageWritten on Wednesday, 04 October 2017 16:42
- The First Amendment and Social Media: Are You Protected?Written on Monday, 11 September 2017 17:00
- The Oldest Logos in The World, Have you heard of them?Written on Monday, 24 July 2017 18:07