A company’s name is often a very undervalued component. It should be, however, one of the most important. In fact, it’s far more than just a component; it is the foundation on which an entire business stands. This is especially true for Internet startups. With a bad name, a startup loses points on scales for credibility, legitimacy, influence, and even confidence. Understanding exactly what a business name is, how it functions, and the consequences of choosing a bad one will quickly set your business apart as a one that is accomplished and trusted.
The Google search world is changing rapidly. What was good SEO practice even a year ago has been replaced by new rules and guidelines. In order to stay relevant and successful, businesses must stay abreast of these changes and adjust their strategies accordingly. There is more to a domain name than meets the eye and Google has realized this.
If I asked you what the companies RadioShack and Kayak have in common, apart from their pleasant rhyme, what would you say? You likely would struggle to come up with a common attribute between an electronics company and a travel website. The biggest difference has nothing to do with their products; it involves their name. One company chose a name that although appropriate at the time, has now shackled them to an obsolete concept. The other company chose a timeless name that will allow them to grow and transform when required, a name that will continue to keep them at the top of their industry.
Starting a business can be a long and tedious process. Even when business models are completed and business plans filed, there is still much more to be done. One of the most important decisions for any new company is coming up with a name. Although some may see this task as something to be thrown it at the end, its vital importance is something that cannot be understated. A catchy and unique name is a company’s best way to create brand recognition. It is that brand recognition that will take a startup into the annals of success.
Brandroot Latest Posts
Brandroot focuses only on content related to business naming. Before selecting the name of your venture it is important that you have a solid grasp of what you're in for.
- How Best to Market Your Business on FacebookWritten on Monday, 22 May 2017 15:19
- Trump’s Tax Plan for Small Businesses – What’s in It for Me?Written on Friday, 12 May 2017 16:54
- 7 Famous Brands That Successfully Changed Their NamesWritten on Monday, 06 March 2017 13:30
- Forget the Radio Test, Forge a Better Business NameWritten on Wednesday, 01 March 2017 10:55
- Best Business Apps for Optimizing Time and Enhancing Team CommunicationWritten on Wednesday, 22 February 2017 13:18
- When You Can (And Can’t) Use Human Names For Your BrandWritten on Tuesday, 24 January 2017 15:33
- Brand Names and SEO: Clearing Up a Common MisconceptionWritten on Monday, 16 January 2017 11:35
- Begin 2017 by learning from 2016Written on Wednesday, 11 January 2017 01:59