The marketing industry uses several different terms related to brands, such as awareness, equity, essence, strategy, and optimization. Although there are elements that coincide with more than one term, it is important to understand the differences as you begin creating your brand. One of your first goals should be establishing brand awareness. Before you can develop it, however, you need to understand what it is.
Not everybody has the ability to grow a beard, and for those who CAN grow a beard, only a few of them actually let it grow to its beautiful potential. Furthermore, for those who DO let their beard grow out, not all of them maintain and provide it with the care it needs to look its best. It’s like growing a brand!
The most successful companies in history are the ones that were able to create strong brand identities with their names. There aren’t many people that don’t immediately recognize names like Nike, Starbucks, or Google. Choosing a name is one of the most important decisions a business will make. Often, a creative and unique name is the difference between the development of strong customer connections and a lifetime of obscurity. It may feel like names like Xerox and Pepsi have always been a part of society, but where exactly did those names come from?
So you have a great new business idea. The big question is, “where do I begin?”
Your big idea gets its first breath of life when you give it a name. The name of your business is like the title of a book. It is the first thing your audience will hear or see before they attempt to learn more about what you offer.
Brandroot Latest Posts
Brandroot focuses only on content related to business naming. Before selecting the name of your venture it is important that you have a solid grasp of what you're in for.
- The Oldest Logos in The World, Have you heard of them?Written on Monday, 24 July 2017 18:07
- What's In a Business Name? Would A Rose by Any Other Name Really Smell As Sweet?Written on Thursday, 13 July 2017 14:43
- Small Business Finance Mistakes to AvoidWritten on Wednesday, 05 July 2017 14:10
- Starbucks: A Lesson in What NOT to DoWritten on Tuesday, 27 June 2017 14:48
- Identifying Your Target Market and How to Make That Information Work For YouWritten on Friday, 26 May 2017 15:02
- How Best to Market Your Business on FacebookWritten on Monday, 22 May 2017 15:19
- Trump’s Tax Plan for Small Businesses – What’s in It for Me?Written on Friday, 12 May 2017 16:54
- 7 Famous Brands That Successfully Changed Their NamesWritten on Monday, 06 March 2017 13:30