One of the first things any new business needs to do is pick a name. A carefully selected company name can be the difference between a successful business launch and a disaster. A company’s identity is closely tied to its name and the brand recognition that comes with it. Without that recognition, few companies are able to get off the ground. Even those who do, however, may face the prospect of changing its name, a situation that can occur for a variety of reasons.
The marketing industry uses several different terms related to brands, such as awareness, equity, essence, strategy, and optimization. Although there are elements that coincide with more than one term, it is important to understand the differences as you begin creating your brand. One of your first goals should be establishing brand awareness. Before you can develop it, however, you need to understand what it is.
Not everybody has the ability to grow a beard, and for those who CAN grow a beard, only a few of them actually let it grow to its beautiful potential. Furthermore, for those who DO let their beard grow out, not all of them maintain and provide it with the care it needs to look its best. It’s like growing a brand!
The most successful companies in history are the ones that were able to create strong brand identities with their names. There aren’t many people that don’t immediately recognize names like Nike, Starbucks, or Google. Choosing a name is one of the most important decisions a business will make. Often, a creative and unique name is the difference between the development of strong customer connections and a lifetime of obscurity. It may feel like names like Xerox and Pepsi have always been a part of society, but where exactly did those names come from?
Brandroot Latest Posts
Brandroot focuses only on content related to business naming. Before selecting the name of your venture it is important that you have a solid grasp of what you're in for.
- Starbucks: A Lesson in What NOT to DoWritten on Tuesday, 27 June 2017 14:48
- Identifying Your Target Market and How to Make That Information Work For YouWritten on Friday, 26 May 2017 15:02
- How Best to Market Your Business on FacebookWritten on Monday, 22 May 2017 15:19
- Trump’s Tax Plan for Small Businesses – What’s in It for Me?Written on Friday, 12 May 2017 16:54
- 7 Famous Brands That Successfully Changed Their NamesWritten on Monday, 06 March 2017 13:30
- Forget the Radio Test, Forge a Better Business NameWritten on Wednesday, 01 March 2017 10:55
- Best Business Apps for Optimizing Time and Enhancing Team CommunicationWritten on Wednesday, 22 February 2017 13:18
- When You Can (And Can’t) Use Human Names For Your BrandWritten on Tuesday, 24 January 2017 15:33