Do you have an idea you consider unique and innovative? Something the world doesn’t even know it’s waiting for? Are you full of ideas that are screaming to get developed? Too many people can answer, “yes” to these questions. Unfortunately, many ideas never get out of the vision stage. It is one thing to have great ideas and enthusiasm; pursuing and being successful with those ideas is something altogether different.
GoPro founder Nick Woodman joined ABC’s Shark Tank panel last month in Episode 610. One of the featured companies in the episode was one called Kitchen Safe, a smart container that helps form good habits by locking away items for a set period of time, mainly cookies and sweets so you have no access to them until the set time expires and unlocks the container. The description of the product went as follows:
Being able to successfully name your business venture is one of the most important abilities you will need as an entrepreneur. Saddling yourself with a generic, bland, and unimaginative moniker can spell doom for your company, regardless of the greatness of what you offer.
Modern history is full of examples of great products that failed to influence their industry, often because they did not have an attractive and memorable name. Today’s consumer is bombarded with tens of thousands of business images and sounds on a daily basis, with the large majority dismissed without any consequence, while just a few make a lasting impression.
Some new business owners make the mistake of thinking that creating a brand for their company involves nothing more than choosing the right name. Although that is a very important part of the process, it is simply one of several components needed for successful branding. For some that may seem daunting – choosing a name can be hard enough. Fortunately, the process doesn’t need to be overwhelming, especially when you can utilize Brandroot’s marketplace to get the ball rolling.
Brandroot Latest Posts
Brandroot focuses only on content related to business naming. Before selecting the name of your venture it is important that you have a solid grasp of what you're in for.
- Sweet Sound of Success: Scientific Methods to Selecting a Made-Up Brand NameWritten on Monday, 19 March 2018 16:21
- 5 Steps to Build Your Brand Identity OnlineWritten on Friday, 16 March 2018 14:33
- The Business Name Change Craze Surrounding CryptocurrenciesWritten on Monday, 29 January 2018 16:56
- Naming Trends and New Emerging Businesses in 2017Written on Thursday, 09 November 2017 11:11
- How to Launch Your Brand SuccessfullyWritten on Wednesday, 25 October 2017 16:00
- Ways to Amplify Your Brand MessageWritten on Wednesday, 04 October 2017 16:42
- The First Amendment and Social Media: Are You Protected?Written on Monday, 11 September 2017 17:00
- The Oldest Logos in The World, Have you heard of them?Written on Monday, 24 July 2017 18:07