So you have a great new business idea. The big question is, “where do I begin?”
Your big idea gets its first breath of life when you give it a name. The name of your business is like the title of a book. It is the first thing your audience will hear or see before they attempt to learn more about what you offer.
In 2013, the ice cream powerhouse Haagen-Dazs released a commercial entitled “Even the Name Tastes Good.” The premise behind the short commercial was simple, as a series of actors slowly and seductively mouthed the name of the company’s new Limoncello Galato product.
During the commercial, only the actors mouths were visible, which left the onus of the marketing strategy squarely on the pronunciation of the product name: “Li-mon-chello.” On paper, “Limoncello” is a nondescript name that simply gives the Haagen-Dazs product its identity. When said aloud, however, the name takes on an entirely new connotation, one that is immediately transferred to the product. The sensuality of the name produces an emotional appeal that gives the product a life of its own.
A company’s name is often a very undervalued component. It should be, however, one of the most important. In fact, it’s far more than just a component; it is the foundation on which an entire business stands. This is especially true for Internet startups. With a bad name, a startup loses points on scales for credibility, legitimacy, influence, and even confidence. Understanding exactly what a business name is, how it functions, and the consequences of choosing a bad one will quickly set your business apart as a one that is accomplished and trusted.
The Google search world is changing rapidly. What was good SEO practice even a year ago has been replaced by new rules and guidelines. In order to stay relevant and successful, businesses must stay abreast of these changes and adjust their strategies accordingly. There is more to a domain name than meets the eye and Google has realized this.
Brandroot Latest Posts
Brandroot focuses only on content related to business naming. Before selecting the name of your venture it is important that you have a solid grasp of what you're in for.
- 7 Famous Brands That Successfully Changed Their NamesWritten on Monday, 06 March 2017 13:30
- Forget the Radio Test, Forge a Better Business NameWritten on Wednesday, 01 March 2017 10:55
- Best Business Apps for Optimizing Time and Enhancing Team CommunicationWritten on Wednesday, 22 February 2017 13:18
- When You Can (And Can’t) Use Human Names For Your BrandWritten on Tuesday, 24 January 2017 15:33
- Brand Names and SEO: Clearing Up a Common MisconceptionWritten on Monday, 16 January 2017 11:35
- Begin 2017 by learning from 2016Written on Wednesday, 11 January 2017 01:59
- Business Naming Trends in 2016Written on Tuesday, 13 December 2016 14:42
- Choosing a Name for Your BusinessWritten on Tuesday, 01 November 2016 16:01