Being able to successfully name your business venture is one of the most important abilities you will need as an entrepreneur. Saddling yourself with a generic, bland, and unimaginative moniker can spell doom for your company, regardless of the greatness of what you offer.
Modern history is full of examples of great products that failed to influence their industry, often because they did not have an attractive and memorable name. Today’s consumer is bombarded with tens of thousands of business images and sounds on a daily basis, with the large majority dismissed without any consequence, while just a few make a lasting impression.
Some new business owners make the mistake of thinking that creating a brand for their company involves nothing more than choosing the right name. Although that is a very important part of the process, it is simply one of several components needed for successful branding. For some that may seem daunting – choosing a name can be hard enough. Fortunately, the process doesn’t need to be overwhelming, especially when you can utilize Brandroot’s marketplace to get the ball rolling.
A company’s branding strategy is made up of several distinct elements; one of which is creating a unique and distinctive logo. Selecting a name and determining your company identity is a vital part of the branding process, but without a quality logo to put a face to the name your business name is just a word. Logos are one of the most important parts of branding. Just ask the average customer what a large yellow “M” stands for or which company a red and white target represents. The importance of a quality logo cannot be understated.
New businesses pop up daily all over the country. Some succeed and some fail. Often, the only difference between a burgeoning business and bankruptcy is the company name. Choosing a name that adequately describes your identity and attracts the attention of potential customers is a vital part of the start-up process.
Brandroot Latest Posts
Brandroot focuses only on content related to business naming. Before selecting the name of your venture it is important that you have a solid grasp of what you're in for.
- Starbucks: A Lesson in What NOT to DoWritten on Tuesday, 27 June 2017 14:48
- Identifying Your Target Market and How to Make That Information Work For YouWritten on Friday, 26 May 2017 15:02
- How Best to Market Your Business on FacebookWritten on Monday, 22 May 2017 15:19
- Trump’s Tax Plan for Small Businesses – What’s in It for Me?Written on Friday, 12 May 2017 16:54
- 7 Famous Brands That Successfully Changed Their NamesWritten on Monday, 06 March 2017 13:30
- Forget the Radio Test, Forge a Better Business NameWritten on Wednesday, 01 March 2017 10:55
- Best Business Apps for Optimizing Time and Enhancing Team CommunicationWritten on Wednesday, 22 February 2017 13:18
- When You Can (And Can’t) Use Human Names For Your BrandWritten on Tuesday, 24 January 2017 15:33