Author and community leader Yehuda Berg was quoted as saying, “Words are singularly the most powerful force available to humanity.” Linguistic experts have studied words and language for decades, attempting to identify and explain why words do what they do. Why do fun words or phrases stick in our heads? How do some words create vivid imagery when others stay bland and dry? What is the best way to say what needs to be said?
The English language is one of the most diverse and complex languages spoken around the world. It is also one of the most prevalent. In fact, according to linguistic scholars, English is currently the second most popular mother tongue globally, with an estimated 350-400 million native speakers. As equally important is the fact that over a quarter of the world’s population can understand the language and have at least a rudimentary competence in its use. All totaled, between 1 1/2 and 2 billion people write, speak, and/or understand English.
A company’s name is often its most valuable asset, reflecting the morals and ethics that customers are looking for. Companies that create a solid and identifiable brand identity are the ones that typically enjoy long-term success. Unfortunately, that brand identity can also become a detriment if a company is rocked by scandal or suffers a public perception catastrophe. Some brand personas can be salvaged, while others are forced to start from scratch. Can a name change get a company out from under an image crisis?
Naming your business is one of the most important activities you will accomplish as a startup business. Your business name is among your most valuable assets. It is vital that you protect it as you would any other precious possession.
Brandroot Latest Posts
Brandroot focuses only on content related to business naming. Before selecting the name of your venture it is important that you have a solid grasp of what you're in for.
- Naming Trends and New Emerging Businesses in 2017Written on Thursday, 09 November 2017 11:11
- How to Launch Your Brand SuccessfullyWritten on Wednesday, 25 October 2017 16:00
- Ways to Amplify Your Brand MessageWritten on Wednesday, 04 October 2017 16:42
- The First Amendment and Social Media: Are You Protected?Written on Monday, 11 September 2017 17:00
- The Oldest Logos in The World, Have you heard of them?Written on Monday, 24 July 2017 18:07
- What's In a Business Name? Would A Rose by Any Other Name Really Smell As Sweet?Written on Thursday, 13 July 2017 14:43
- Small Business Finance Mistakes to AvoidWritten on Wednesday, 05 July 2017 14:10
- Starbucks: A Lesson in What NOT to DoWritten on Tuesday, 27 June 2017 14:48