Author and community leader Yehuda Berg was quoted as saying, “Words are singularly the most powerful force available to humanity.” Linguistic experts have studied words and language for decades, attempting to identify and explain why words do what they do. Why do fun words or phrases stick in our heads? How do some words create vivid imagery when others stay bland and dry? What is the best way to say what needs to be said?
The English language is one of the most diverse and complex languages spoken around the world. It is also one of the most prevalent. In fact, according to linguistic scholars, English is currently the second most popular mother tongue globally, with an estimated 350-400 million native speakers. As equally important is the fact that over a quarter of the world’s population can understand the language and have at least a rudimentary competence in its use. All totaled, between 1 1/2 and 2 billion people write, speak, and/or understand English.
A company’s name is often its most valuable asset, reflecting the morals and ethics that customers are looking for. Companies that create a solid and identifiable brand identity are the ones that typically enjoy long-term success. Unfortunately, that brand identity can also become a detriment if a company is rocked by scandal or suffers a public perception catastrophe. Some brand personas can be salvaged, while others are forced to start from scratch. Can a name change get a company out from under an image crisis?
Naming your business is one of the most important activities you will accomplish as a startup business. Your business name is among your most valuable assets. It is vital that you protect it as you would any other precious possession.
Brandroot Latest Posts
Brandroot focuses only on content related to business naming. Before selecting the name of your venture it is important that you have a solid grasp of what you're in for.
- Identifying Your Target Market and How to Make That Information Work For YouWritten on Friday, 26 May 2017 15:02
- How Best to Market Your Business on FacebookWritten on Monday, 22 May 2017 15:19
- Trump’s Tax Plan for Small Businesses – What’s in It for Me?Written on Friday, 12 May 2017 16:54
- 7 Famous Brands That Successfully Changed Their NamesWritten on Monday, 06 March 2017 13:30
- Forget the Radio Test, Forge a Better Business NameWritten on Wednesday, 01 March 2017 10:55
- Best Business Apps for Optimizing Time and Enhancing Team CommunicationWritten on Wednesday, 22 February 2017 13:18
- When You Can (And Can’t) Use Human Names For Your BrandWritten on Tuesday, 24 January 2017 15:33
- Brand Names and SEO: Clearing Up a Common MisconceptionWritten on Monday, 16 January 2017 11:35