When is too much of a good thing – too much? This is the question any business owner who is considering expansion must deal with. For some of you, expansion may mean opening a store at a second location; while for others, expansion may mean tens or even hundreds of new stores. For those owners, the question becomes, is it better to have 10 exceptional stores or 100 marginal ones? That is the type of question that is currently plaguing the popular coffee chain Starbucks.
Ask several businesses to define their target market and you’ll likely get a variety of answers. Some have a clear idea of who they are targeting their goods/services to, and some are completely unaware. Many businesses believe their target market is “everyone,” which is an impossible scenario. No business can target everyone. In fact, those that do are usually the ones that fail.
When Facebook launched in 2004, it was a social networking service designed to connect friends and like-minded individuals. In 2017, however, the site has become much more. Businesses that understand the power of Facebook are those that can tap into an entirely new marketing technique, one that has proven results.
In late April, President Donald Trump unveiled his tax plan, touting it as, “the biggest individual and business tax cut in American history.” So, what exactly is his plan and how would it affect small business? Industry officials have been taking apart the plan for days, analyzing it from every possible angle. Although the long-term implications of the plan are up for debate, short-term impacts are obvious.
Brandroot Latest Posts
Brandroot focuses only on content related to business naming. Before selecting the name of your venture it is important that you have a solid grasp of what you're in for.
- The First Amendment and Social Media: Are You Protected?Written on Monday, 11 September 2017 17:00
- The Oldest Logos in The World, Have you heard of them?Written on Monday, 24 July 2017 18:07
- What's In a Business Name? Would A Rose by Any Other Name Really Smell As Sweet?Written on Thursday, 13 July 2017 14:43
- Small Business Finance Mistakes to AvoidWritten on Wednesday, 05 July 2017 14:10
- Starbucks: A Lesson in What NOT to DoWritten on Tuesday, 27 June 2017 14:48
- Identifying Your Target Market and How to Make That Information Work For YouWritten on Friday, 26 May 2017 15:02
- How Best to Market Your Business on FacebookWritten on Monday, 22 May 2017 15:19
- Trump’s Tax Plan for Small Businesses – What’s in It for Me?Written on Friday, 12 May 2017 16:54