“Effective philanthropy requires time and creativity – the same kind of focus and skills that building a business requires.” ~ Bill Gates
Philanthropy is defined, among other things, as “the desire to improve the welfare of others.” Seems like a simple concept, doesn’t it? Unfortunately, many businesses don’t participate in philanthropic endeavors. Not only does this not improve the community in which that business operates, it also helps the business itself.
The Super Bowl is an annual event that is known for its advertising as much as its football. Million dollar companies like Frito-Lay (the producer of Doritos), Coca-Cola, Mars (famous for the M&M), and Ford spend 364 days preparing to unleash their creative genius on consumers during the big game. A total of $377 million was spent on advertising during Super Bowl 50, which took place a few short days ago. The average cost of a 30-second commercial was $4.8 million, which equates to approximately $160,000 per second.
The ability to connect with customers is one of the most important measures of a company’s success. Once you’ve established your company and developed your product, you need to reach out to the masses. Finding quantifiable ways to market your product is imperative if you want to become a formidable player in the industry. Knowing that goal and understanding how to achieve it, however, are often too very different things.
It is common in today’s market to see brands come and go. Often, a hot brand will explode onto the scene only to completely disappear from the industry in only a few years. So, how can a successful ride of over 160 years be explained? How did a clothing company established in the middle-1800s become a global icon? An analysis of Levi Strauss & Co. reveals the answers, all of which you can use to launch your own prosperous company.
Brandroot Latest Posts
Brandroot focuses only on content related to business naming. Before selecting the name of your venture it is important that you have a solid grasp of what you're in for.
- The Oldest Logos in The World, Have you heard of them?Written on Monday, 24 July 2017 18:07
- What's In a Business Name? Would A Rose by Any Other Name Really Smell As Sweet?Written on Thursday, 13 July 2017 14:43
- Small Business Finance Mistakes to AvoidWritten on Wednesday, 05 July 2017 14:10
- Starbucks: A Lesson in What NOT to DoWritten on Tuesday, 27 June 2017 14:48
- Identifying Your Target Market and How to Make That Information Work For YouWritten on Friday, 26 May 2017 15:02
- How Best to Market Your Business on FacebookWritten on Monday, 22 May 2017 15:19
- Trump’s Tax Plan for Small Businesses – What’s in It for Me?Written on Friday, 12 May 2017 16:54
- 7 Famous Brands That Successfully Changed Their NamesWritten on Monday, 06 March 2017 13:30