What is the meaning of Storify? When I first stumbled upon Storify, which was quite recently, my immediate thought was that it was another company offering cloud storage or possibly a company that offered an ecommerce solution for websites (similar to what Shopify offers). When I soon figured out it was something altogether different I bothered for just a few moments to figure out what it really was. I couldn’t figure it out quickly enough so I left.
Many unique company names experience quick Internet fame despite their head-scratching and sometimes awkward sound. Pinterest anybody? Say the name about twenty times and you’ll start to get a feel for its inherent oddness. You are probably aware that the name is a combination of the words “pin” and “interest” but is it really?
Photo By pacodelgado.com
Since successful communication relies on the mind of the receiving individual, the meaning of a company’s name can often result in unexpected definitions. People create meanings of words by pulling from associations and memories of their experiences. These associations are often visual images to represent a word.
It is always good to have a brief description of your brand name ready when someone asks you for it. The right name will capture the imagination and curiosity of the people you want to reach. Relevance is key when learning how to name a business. In this article we will discuss why a small, or sometimes hidden, degree of relevance to the business does matter.
Brandroot Latest Posts
Brandroot focuses only on content related to business naming. Before selecting the name of your venture it is important that you have a solid grasp of what you're in for.
- The Oldest Logos in The World, Have you heard of them?Written on Monday, 24 July 2017 18:07
- What's In a Business Name? Would A Rose by Any Other Name Really Smell As Sweet?Written on Thursday, 13 July 2017 14:43
- Small Business Finance Mistakes to AvoidWritten on Wednesday, 05 July 2017 14:10
- Starbucks: A Lesson in What NOT to DoWritten on Tuesday, 27 June 2017 14:48
- Identifying Your Target Market and How to Make That Information Work For YouWritten on Friday, 26 May 2017 15:02
- How Best to Market Your Business on FacebookWritten on Monday, 22 May 2017 15:19
- Trump’s Tax Plan for Small Businesses – What’s in It for Me?Written on Friday, 12 May 2017 16:54
- 7 Famous Brands That Successfully Changed Their NamesWritten on Monday, 06 March 2017 13:30