Every start-up business dreams of the day their name becomes a household word. There is no easier way to judge a brand’s success than by listening for it in everyday speech. Just think of the last time you asked for a Kleenex or a Post-It. Those brand names have become synonymous with the industry itself. In reality, not all facial tissues are from the Kleenex Company, which is owned by the Kimberly-Clark Corporation. There are actually multitudes of companies that produce facial tissues, each one trying to get out from under Kleenex’s hold on the industry.
The goal of any great business name is to create a connection with an audience that impels them to think of your business in a positive, meaningful way. Sounds simple right? A great name is constructed so that it’s easy to recall when it’s time to purchase goods and services. After all, if your business name is hard to remember or simply boring, no one will think of you when it’s time to buy. With that in mind, here are a few techniques to consider when choosing a name that will help you create the perfect combination of emotion, visual interest and most importantly, recall.
Brandroot Latest Posts
Brandroot focuses only on content related to business naming. Before selecting the name of your venture it is important that you have a solid grasp of what you're in for.
- The First Amendment and Social Media: Are You Protected?Written on Monday, 11 September 2017 17:00
- The Oldest Logos in The World, Have you heard of them?Written on Monday, 24 July 2017 18:07
- What's In a Business Name? Would A Rose by Any Other Name Really Smell As Sweet?Written on Thursday, 13 July 2017 14:43
- Small Business Finance Mistakes to AvoidWritten on Wednesday, 05 July 2017 14:10
- Starbucks: A Lesson in What NOT to DoWritten on Tuesday, 27 June 2017 14:48
- Identifying Your Target Market and How to Make That Information Work For YouWritten on Friday, 26 May 2017 15:02
- How Best to Market Your Business on FacebookWritten on Monday, 22 May 2017 15:19
- Trump’s Tax Plan for Small Businesses – What’s in It for Me?Written on Friday, 12 May 2017 16:54