In 2013, the ice cream powerhouse Haagen-Dazs released a commercial entitled “Even the Name Tastes Good.” The premise behind the short commercial was simple, as a series of actors slowly and seductively mouthed the name of the company’s new Limoncello Galato product.
During the commercial, only the actors mouths were visible, which left the onus of the marketing strategy squarely on the pronunciation of the product name: “Li-mon-chello.” On paper, “Limoncello” is a nondescript name that simply gives the Haagen-Dazs product its identity. When said aloud, however, the name takes on an entirely new connotation, one that is immediately transferred to the product. The sensuality of the name produces an emotional appeal that gives the product a life of its own.
It is quite the phenomenon the way some words actually sound like what they mean. Take for example the words ticket, freeze and sting. These words are not onomatopoeic, like bam and boom, but somehow they sound like their subjects. The word “ticket” makes a similar sound to a ticket machine. The word “freeze” has almost the affect of freezing, a slow and gradual pronunciation. The word “sting” has a sharp and quick pronunciation, similar to the feeling of being stung.
Brandroot Latest Posts
Brandroot focuses only on content related to business naming. Before selecting the name of your venture it is important that you have a solid grasp of what you're in for.
- A Simple Guide to Startup BrandingWritten on Wednesday, 20 June 2018 21:40
- Simplest (Yet Effective) Ways to Make Your Brand MemorableWritten on Friday, 08 June 2018 21:15
- How To Use Data To Guide Your Rebranding | BrandrootWritten on Wednesday, 23 May 2018 23:52
- 6 Mistakes Successfull Entrepreneurs DON'T Make When Starting a Small BusinessWritten on Monday, 21 May 2018 21:16
- Can a Good Company Name Help Your Success?Written on Monday, 30 April 2018 18:54
- Sweet Sound of Success: Scientific Methods to Selecting a Made-Up Brand NameWritten on Monday, 19 March 2018 16:21
- 5 Steps to Build Your Brand Identity OnlineWritten on Friday, 16 March 2018 14:33
- The Business Name Change Craze Surrounding CryptocurrenciesWritten on Monday, 29 January 2018 16:56