In 2013, the ice cream powerhouse Haagen-Dazs released a commercial entitled “Even the Name Tastes Good.” The premise behind the short commercial was simple, as a series of actors slowly and seductively mouthed the name of the company’s new Limoncello Galato product.
During the commercial, only the actors mouths were visible, which left the onus of the marketing strategy squarely on the pronunciation of the product name: “Li-mon-chello.” On paper, “Limoncello” is a nondescript name that simply gives the Haagen-Dazs product its identity. When said aloud, however, the name takes on an entirely new connotation, one that is immediately transferred to the product. The sensuality of the name produces an emotional appeal that gives the product a life of its own.
It is quite the phenomenon the way some words actually sound like what they mean. Take for example the words ticket, freeze and sting. These words are not onomatopoeic, like bam and boom, but somehow they sound like their subjects. The word “ticket” makes a similar sound to a ticket machine. The word “freeze” has almost the affect of freezing, a slow and gradual pronunciation. The word “sting” has a sharp and quick pronunciation, similar to the feeling of being stung.
Brandroot Latest Posts
Brandroot focuses only on content related to business naming. Before selecting the name of your venture it is important that you have a solid grasp of what you're in for.
- How to Avoid Being Irrelevant in Your Ever-Changing Market as a BrandWritten on Monday, 14 January 2019 15:48
- How to Use Medium & LinkedIn to Build an Unforgettable BrandWritten on Wednesday, 26 December 2018 15:26
- Why Building a Strong Personal Brand Can Take Your Business to New HeightsWritten on Tuesday, 04 December 2018 11:18
- How to Leverage Influencer Marketing While Keeping Brand IntegrityWritten on Saturday, 24 November 2018 10:54
- How to Leverage Freelancers to Keep Your Brand at Its PeakWritten on Monday, 29 October 2018 13:05
- How to Use The “Eureka Effect” to Make Your Brand Stand OutWritten on Tuesday, 23 October 2018 12:53
- This Toxic Mindset is Holding Your Brand Back | Here's How to FixWritten on Friday, 21 September 2018 18:39
- 2 Major Reasons Why Entrepreneurs Should Be More Like TeachersWritten on Monday, 17 September 2018 17:49