When it comes to building a business, the amount of variables one needs to take into consideration seems to be endless. From building your product to keeping your customers happy to marketing your company, the list goes on and on. Because of this, upon initial thought, finding a terrific name for your company may not seem like the highest priority.
Can a bad company name hinder your business, and can a good company name help with its eventual outcome?
The science of sound symbolism is the study of the relationship between the sound of a word and its meaning. The ancient Greeks were the first to theorize that there was a relationship between sounds and word meaning. In Plato’s Dialogues, he recounts a debate where Socrates rejected the contention that the relationship between sound and word meanings was purely arbitrary, contending that in the “good words” sound and word meaning were the same.
Much of society revolves around the latest trends - clothing, music, art, etc. Everyone wants to be seen as relevant and in style. The business world is no different. Every year, trends emerge even in regards to business names. What may have been modern just a few years ago may no longer be considered chic, which begs the question: What naming trends are currently influencing the business world?
Have you ever stopped to think about the company names and logos that you are bombarded with daily? Why do some of them strike an emotional chord while others fall flat? Why do we remember one logo and forget another? Is it all mere happenstance or is there more to it? You’ll be surprised.
Brandroot Latest Posts
Brandroot focuses only on content related to business naming. Before selecting the name of your venture it is important that you have a solid grasp of what you're in for.
- The Name of Your Business Matters. Here’s How to Choose the Right OneWritten on Wednesday, 15 August 2018 22:01
- Why Creating a Brand Kit Could Be the Best Thing You Do For Your Marketing This YearWritten on Monday, 23 July 2018 21:08
- A Simple Guide to Startup BrandingWritten on Wednesday, 20 June 2018 21:40
- Simplest (Yet Effective) Ways to Make Your Brand MemorableWritten on Friday, 08 June 2018 21:15
- How To Use Data To Guide Your Rebranding | BrandrootWritten on Wednesday, 23 May 2018 23:52
- 6 Mistakes Successfull Entrepreneurs DON'T Make When Starting a Small BusinessWritten on Monday, 21 May 2018 21:16
- Can a Good Company Name Help Your Success?Written on Monday, 30 April 2018 18:54
- Sweet Sound of Success: Scientific Methods to Selecting a Made-Up Brand NameWritten on Monday, 19 March 2018 16:21