Can a bad company name hinder your business, and can a good company name help with its eventual outcome?
The science of sound symbolism is the study of the relationship between the sound of a word and its meaning. The ancient Greeks were the first to theorize that there was a relationship between sounds and word meaning. In Plato’s Dialogues, he recounts a debate where Socrates rejected the contention that the relationship between sound and word meanings was purely arbitrary, contending that in the “good words” sound and word meaning were the same.
Much of society revolves around the latest trends - clothing, music, art, etc. Everyone wants to be seen as relevant and in style. The business world is no different. Every year, trends emerge even in regards to business names. What may have been modern just a few years ago may no longer be considered chic, which begs the question: What naming trends are currently influencing the business world?
Have you ever stopped to think about the company names and logos that you are bombarded with daily? Why do some of them strike an emotional chord while others fall flat? Why do we remember one logo and forget another? Is it all mere happenstance or is there more to it? You’ll be surprised.
Brandroot Latest Posts
Brandroot focuses only on content related to business naming. Before selecting the name of your venture it is important that you have a solid grasp of what you're in for.
- Can a Good Company Name Help Your Success?Written on Monday, 30 April 2018 18:54
- Sweet Sound of Success: Scientific Methods to Selecting a Made-Up Brand NameWritten on Monday, 19 March 2018 16:21
- 5 Steps to Build Your Brand Identity OnlineWritten on Friday, 16 March 2018 14:33
- The Business Name Change Craze Surrounding CryptocurrenciesWritten on Monday, 29 January 2018 16:56
- Naming Trends and New Emerging Businesses in 2017Written on Thursday, 09 November 2017 11:11
- How to Launch Your Brand SuccessfullyWritten on Wednesday, 25 October 2017 16:00
- Ways to Amplify Your Brand MessageWritten on Wednesday, 04 October 2017 16:42
- The First Amendment and Social Media: Are You Protected?Written on Monday, 11 September 2017 17:00