This past week, 63 startups officially launched at Y Combinator’s Demo Day 1. Among the ideas behind the startups and the groundbreaking technology the companies were built on, along with the impressive teams that make them up, there’s also another important aspect we should take note of - the names of the startups.
The science of sound symbolism is the study of the relationship between the sound of a word and its meaning. The ancient Greeks were the first to theorize that there was a relationship between sounds and word meaning. In Plato’s Dialogues, he recounts a debate where Socrates rejected the contention that the relationship between sound and word meanings was purely arbitrary, contending that in the “good words” sound and word meaning were the same.
On average, five to seven brand impressions are required before someone will remember your brand, according to Pam Moore. And, with everyone constantly being on his or her smart phones or computers, this means it’s imperative to get your brand identity established online when building brand awareness.
Brandroot Latest Posts
Brandroot focuses only on content related to business naming. Before selecting the name of your venture it is important that you have a solid grasp of what you're in for.
- How to Increase Brand EngagementWritten on Friday, 05 April 2019 04:32
- What Is the Purpose of Your Brand?Written on Sunday, 10 March 2019 21:05
- The Story Behind Every Successful BrandWritten on Monday, 25 February 2019 20:17
- The Name of The Game | An Approach To Naming Your BusinessWritten on Thursday, 31 January 2019 20:06
- How to Avoid Being Irrelevant in Your Ever-Changing Market as a BrandWritten on Monday, 14 January 2019 15:48
- How to Use Medium & LinkedIn to Build an Unforgettable BrandWritten on Wednesday, 26 December 2018 15:26
- Why Building a Strong Personal Brand Can Take Your Business to New HeightsWritten on Tuesday, 04 December 2018 11:18
- How to Leverage Influencer Marketing While Keeping Brand IntegrityWritten on Saturday, 24 November 2018 10:54